Saturday, November 10, 2007

Among My People

I have found my tribe, friends.

D and I were surprised by the amount of decorating people around here did for Halloween. There were whole themed tableaux with lights and graves and spiderwebs.

Well, in case you haven't heard, Wheaton has a bad case of the Jesus. So, given that and the precedent set by the Halloween decorating, we got pretty excited about the potential for Christmas decorating.

After all, it was no accident that they chose the Chicago 'burbs for this:



D and I bet on when we would see the first Christmas lights on houses (obviously the stores were ablaze by November 1). The rules were simple: 1. It had to be a private residence 2. The lights had to be turned on for two consecutive nights, in case they were only testing them on the first night.

I chose November 17. D chose the 20th.

We were both off by almost two weeks. D saw a tree with lights earlier this week, just one day before I saw them on a porch. Yesterday, I saw the first animated reindeer of the season.



Man, I LOVE it here!

1 comment:

Graham said...

Are you serious Clark???

Fortunately, there were no sightings of an idiot in his underwear emptying his portable sewer into a storm drain!!!


As for the bad case of Jesus, I recommend a mass emailing of links to Richard Dawkins's talk at Randolph Macon Women's College in Lynchburg, VA, home of Liberty University (Jerry Falwell). Liberty University...Wheaton College, what's the difference!!!!