Friday, February 1, 2008

Alpine Valley

Last weekend I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and went to Wisconsin to meet a coworker at Alpine Valley. Alpine Valley is a ski "resort" just over the border from Illinois. It doesn't have the longest runs in the world, but it did have a decent number of them and the conditions were great. Here are a couple of pictures from the slopes.

The Terrain Park


Yes, I actually hit these jumps and landed them. My legs still have a little left thank god.


View from the top

Another view from the top

The kid in the red and black on the left is Frank Jr, and the red white and blue in the center is Frank Sr.

While it wasn't the biggest place, it wound up being a nice day of skiing. The slopes had almost zero ice, the terrain park was in great shape and it was warm and sunny. That is Midwest skiing at it's best!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

No wonder your legs have been sore all week! You are too old to be skiing off of jumps like that, mister.

I can't believe I had to read about this on our blog.

Graham said...

Ahhh, I miss Wisconsin and the quick trip up north to the UP for skiing too! Although, I am quite pleased with the array of ski "resorts" we have within a few hours drive of Cleveland in New York State.