Monday, August 20, 2007

Dine Away Hunger

Before I gush on about Adelle's, I need to clarify something. In a previous post I mistakenly took credit for taking all of the Chicago pictures. I didn't realize I had done this (I had a couple of drinks and I was tired) but I should give credit to Ashley as well. She took some of the pictures there were posted so it was a team effort.

Anyway, on to more delicious things. We have managed to do a few fun things lately but I only have so much time but I wanted to mention a restaurant we went to last Wednesday. It was for an event called Dine Away Hunger where 17 Wheaton restaurants donate a portion of their proceeds for that night to the People's Resource Center in Wheaton. The money goes to stock the food bank at the Center which provides food for 18,000 DuPage County residents who need assistance. We had not been to a nice dinner in Wheaton yet and thought this would be a good time to do so. Ashley made reservations for us at Adelle's.

We started off sharing the portobello fries which were so amazing, I think even Graham would like them. Ashley had the pistachio crusted salmon and I had the beef tenderloin. It may have been the best steak I've ever had. And while we were there we figured we may as well have desert also. They also have a good wine list and we both enjoyed our selections. Anyone coming to visit should check out their link above and let us know if it sounds interesting. There are plenty of other excellent suggestions in the area but we haven't been to most. Yet...

3 comments:

Graham said...

French fries made from mushrooms...what will they think of next? As I've said before, "mushrooms are fungus and I do not eat them."

Graham said...

However, I think I would be all about the pistachio crusted salmon!!! Sounds like a great place guys...glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

I, for one, am looking forward to trying those mushrooms. Graham, they are so goooood for you. I'll let you try some of mine.